Delhi is a shopper's paradise. In Delhi one can find almost anything from anywhere in the country. Strolling through the arcades of shops you can find what you can buy from or pick up what you missed while you were visiting the rest of the country.
In Delhi you can buy from designer garments, silk products, precious stones, leather, woodwork and antiques.
The major shopping centers of Delhi
- Connaught Place : Closed on Sunday
- Chandni Chowk : Closed on Sunday
- Greater Kailash II : Closed on Monday
- South Extension : Closed on Tuesday
- Sunder Nagar : Closed on Sunday
- INA Market : Closed on Monday
- Sarojini Nagar : Closed on Monday
- Khan Market : Closed on Monday
- Lajpat Nagar : Closed on Monday
- Hauz Khas village : Closed on Sunday
- Karol Bagh : Closed on Monday
Normal shopping hours are from 1000hrs to 1900 hrs. Some shops will close for lunch from 1300 hrs to 1430 hrs.
- Central Cottage industries Emporium
Janpath, Near Connaught Place
Reasonably priced and good quality items such as wood carvings, brass works, paintings, clothes, textiles, furniture etc., from all over India are available.
- State Emporiums (Run by State Governments)
Baba Kharak Marg.
Each emporium sells handicrafts from their respective states.
- Chandni Chowk
Jewelry, perfumes, rare antiques, carpets and traditional sweets.
- Main Bazaar
Perfumes, oils, soaps and incense
- Sunder Nagar Market
Near Dr. Zakir Hussain Road
Antiques pieces, brassware, paintings and jewelry.
- Santhushti Shopping Center
Handicrafts and boutique
- Hauz Khas Village
Art galleries and boutique
- Kinari Bazaar
- Chawri Bazaar
Antique copperware and brassware
- Dariba Kalan