Punjab Tourism Development Corporation provides decent and affordable accommodation in their chain of PTDC Hotels and guest houses spread all over the state. Bookings could be made from PTDC offices or locally.
For more details and reservations please contact any of the PTDC complexes or Tourist information Centres. A list is privided at the bottom of the page.
The railway network along with the PSRTC buses provide commuters with an efficient transportation network in Punjab. Yellow and black taxis and chauffer driven tourist taxis and luxurious private buses are a convenient way to travel around the country.
PSRTC links all places in the state by road with their efficient transport fleet. PSRTC also provides luxury coaches for inter-city travel and to places of tourist importance. They operate interstate routes in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh. PTDC provide luxuary coach sevices to the tourist destinations and for conducted tours.
PTDC conducts a wide range of organized tours from Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar and Patiala. For Booking and further information, contact the PTDC offices.
Tourist Information Centers
There are Punjab Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) offices at most important tourist centres and cities in Punjab as well as other parts of India.
Punjab Tourist Information Centre,
Kanishka Shopping Plaza, Ashoka Road, New Delhi. Tel: +(91) (11)
- Amritsar International Hotel, City Centre, Amritsar. Tel: +(91) (183) 2555991/555992 Fax: +(91) (183) 2556234
- Punjab Toursit Information Centre, Main Bus Stand, Nangal.
- Punjab Tourist Information Centre, Youth Hostel, Amritsar. Tel: +(91) (183) 2231452
- Punjab Tourist Information Centre, Raja Sansi Air Port, Amritsar.
- Punjab Tourist Information Centre, Madhopur (Pathankot-Jammu National Highway). Tel: +(91) (1870) 257241
- Punjab Tourist Information Centre, Airport, Chandigarh. Punjab Tourist Information Centre, SCO No. 2917-18, Sector 22-C, Chandigarh. Tel: +(91) (172) 2721173 Fax: +(91) (172) 2711878
- Inter State Bus Stand, Room No. 70, Sector 17, Chandigarh.
- Punjab Tourism Development Corporation, SCO - 183-184, Sector 8-C, Chandigarh. Tel: +(91) (172) 2781138/2781147/2781091 Fax: +(91) (172) 2548828